probably another annoying observation/not at all

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:43:14 -0500

Bob,

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 5:46 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: probably another annoying observation/not at all

<<<...It is getting increasingly annoying to  find so much time spent on
such piano-related questions as "Looks" and other innocuous non-piano
related subjects.>>>

I somewhat agree with you on this point--depending on how my day has gone.
:-) However, it is merely *my* personal preference regarding the list.
Sometimes the banter and frivolity is quite good. It behooves me to remember
that I am only one participant on the list. Since I am not in charge of what
is permissible to post, I simply deal with the messages that come through
every day. Some days I have time to read all of the posts, and other days I
get pretty delete-happy. :-) It is something that we just learn to deal
with. It is good to skim thru a message very quickly. Sometimes I can go
thru 40-50 messages in 5 minutes or less. "Eat the chicken--throw out the
bones" works well.

BTW, there are companies that allow folks to have a list free of charge.
www.topica.com is only one of them. If there are enough techs who want only
technical discussion, maybe another list could be started. I like pianotech,
and will stay on it, but can handle technical discussion from another list.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS