Steinway damper

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 11:45:00 -0500

>Phil,
>
>I am amazed at all the answers you have received so far...where is the
>typical Pianotech insight into problems like this.  Ron N. where are you?  I
>was going to mention this is why you should never go trolling in a piano,
>but I think we need the expert to handle this...
>
>David I.

I'm right here, and everyone's been saying what I would have said, had I
said it, so I thought I'd shut up and stay out of trouble for a change...
at least temporarily. I thought the best advise so far was from Brian
Trout. I always check side pressure first, and it's surprising how often
that proves to be most of the problem. I don't qualify as an expert either,
at least not where I live, since there's no such thing as a local expert,
but I've got a Saga or two, so I suppose I could be a sage if there was any
demand. Long as I didn't have to dress up or anything.
Ron N