Radio

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 May 2000 09:17:19 EDT

tuner@mediaone.net writes:

<< Have any of you tried advertising on the radio, and if so, was it
 cost-effective? >>

I have done advertising in St. Louis on the Classical music station. Quite
frankly, it has been a waste of money. The classical station has about 2.5%
share of the listening audience in St. Louis, which isn't much, although 90%
of them do have pianos. The problem is, only about 5% of those reportedly
listening to any station are tuned in at any given point. So your chances of
being heard are very slim.

I did advertise on the biggest radio station for a couple of weeks, and I did
get a fairly good response from that. But the cost obviously was much higher.

If you live in a small city, where almost every one in town listens to one
station, your advertising might be more effective.

But the bottom line is that radio is at most a break even investment.

Willem