Radio

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 7 May 2000 23:38:24 -0400

>Have any of you tried advertising on the radio, and if so, was it
>cost-effective?
>
>Martin

Hi Martin,

It's a novel idea that I've considered but we receive something like 35 radio signals here. Which to choose? Likely a station that specialized in classical music. That gets me down to five.

To be effective, a radio campaign has to be frequent and lengthy-- four to six spots a day over a four to eight week period. If you're in retail, this could work but, if you have only your time to sell you could be spending $100. a day trying to sell it.

One more thing to consider. Signals can travel 60 to 100 miles distant. Should it work, do you like to travel?

Just some thoughts from an expereinced dial spinner.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, ON  Canada