Repeat Business

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 7 May 2000 14:02:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/00 11:31:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
staytuned@idirect.com writes:

<< te results from this is about ten per cent.  I've have less success with
phoning, probably because a snap decision on their part is usually a negative
one.

 Any contributions to this "survey"?

I phone all my customers-never ever send a card.  My return rate is that
about 80-90% book a tuning at that time.  The entire call takes about 2
minutes.  I start by stating" Hi It's Bob again with your yearly reminder. "
The response is usually "oh, has it been a year (or whatever) already?"   I
immediately get to the "close" saying "I'll be in your area on (   ) and on (
)>  Which would be better for you."  I also book all pianos at a specific
time -give or take 20 minutes.  If I am going to be longer than 20 minutes
late (or early), I will call them from my cell phone.  I love being exactly
on time and so do the customers.  Sometimes I get a comment like " you know
Bob, I can set my watch by your promptness".  It's the little things that
make an impression and is one of the reasons for my rate of 80-90% rate of
appointments.
On rare occasions, I   book next years tuning at the time of the present
tuning. If I do, it still requires a phone call reminder anyway, so I don't
find it really saves me much time.
Incidentally, if a customer puts me off more than 2 times, I no longer call
them.  I tell them to call me if they wish an appointment.  They usually do
call back, but it's usually 2 or 3 years later.  A pitch-raise is usually the
result, but not always.

Been working for me for over 30 years- and still ticking.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio