"New" old uprights

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 07 May 2000 09:58:16 +0100

My father sends grands out to an expert rebuild company in Germany called
"Pianova"
This one guy saw the great results on one 1912 Bösendorfer 200 cm (the kind
that was popular in the Austro-Hungarian empire).
So he went to Latvia (vich is klose tu Rusia) and payed a whole year´s
salary for  a questionably rebuilt 225 cm Bösendorfer.  He did this after
looking at the price of the great one and figuring he´d cash in on the
extra 25 cm.
So, after bringing his new treasure over the continent and half of an
ocean´s diameter (in a bottleneck, mind you) he brought it to my father.
Well let´s just say I hurried out of the store when I saw him coming to
hear the results of the evaluation.

Here´s the best part.  The guy is a principal at a music school and also
used to be the "advisorum musicamentum" for a large radio station here!

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland