downbearing - new Mason & Hamlin A

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 11:18:00 +0200

PianoGuru@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hi Pianotech folks,
>
> I am Frank Emerson, engineer for Mason & Hamlin, and formerly Dir. of R & D at
> Baldwin. I have been lurking for a while, but I cannot help but jump into this
> thread
> with both feet.

Well.... Howdy there Frank !

>  I, personally, measure and record the EMC of each sample.  I know of no other
> manufacturer who monitors the EMC of each and every soundboard.  Frank Emerson

Grin... and just what do brain waves tell you about the piano soundboards ??

On a more serious note... there has been a lot of talk about soundboards back and
forth regarding the viability of the old style compression soundboard as opposed
to boards that are more or less pressed over precurved ribs. I wonder, being from
a camp we rarely hear directly from on this list, you would give us your take on
that discussion ?

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.