muting the sound of a grand

Wed, 3 May 2000 08:05:32 -0400

Hello -

I have a jazz pianist for a client who is taking the plunge and moving to
the Big Apple to seek fame and glory.

He has a fairly bright little 5'2" Harrington grand that he will be
taking with him to a small apartment.

He asked me yesterday what recommendations I might suggest to make the
piano significantly muted so that he can practice without disturbing the
neighbors too much.  (We have already voiced the piano down as far as he
wanted me to go.)

According to him, a friend of his "has heard of" such a product.  Are any
of you aware of such a thing?

The only thing I told him was to cover up the whole works top and bottom
with a thick blanket.  He has some digital instruments, but prefers to
practice on the real thing, for obvious reasons....

Any suggestions?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com