Parking and safety in Arlington

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 03 May 2000 07:48:19 -0400

At 11:49 PM 05/02/2000 -0400, you wrote:
><snip>
>If you come on the 4th of July, remember that at least 500,000 other people
>will be gathering on the Mall  (the federal area between the Capitol and
>Lincoln Memorial) for the national celebration and fireworks at the
>Washington Monument.  They will be clogging the Metro stations more and more
>as the day wears on, and it will take 2-3 hours to empty the city after the

Good point. I was thinking of arriving on the 4th. now I'll probably
arrive on the 3rd. Thanks.

><snip>
>drive like most people play hockey, so stick with Metro to get around!
>Probably why we have some of the highest car insurance rates anywhere!
>Happy trails!
>Carol Beigel, RPT

I apprenticed in DC ('71-'74) and know the driving habits. I'm real glad that
there is no chance for snow. At least hockey players don't panic at the sight.
lived in Georgetown and had a motorcycle, my favorite drive was along
Rock Creek Park.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.