Guarantees

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:50:33 -0500

Hi all,
	This is really on the humidity thread but relates to guarantees.

	I just wound up a hectic week of concert tunings blah, blah,....
	The Williamsburg Regional Library Arts Center took my advice...after
repeating it a zillion times... and installed a humidity system (in the
heat and air system). I told them it was a better investment than
sinking thousands into the piano only to ruin it yet again. It works! It
was hectic getting the bugs out (they had a tropical rain forest
atmosphere for a day or two).
	The result? A happy tuner, an in-tune piano for the entire concert, a
group of happy performers, and just generally better spirits all 'round.
The next step is to put in cooler lights...which they say are
forthcoming.
	On another stage I measured 81ºF @ 32%RH (that was under the lights) in
the shadows it was about 72ºF@48%RF ...one young soloist had to leave
after nearly fainting.