Smart(?) Bars?

Patrick C. Poulson ppoulson@jps.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:36:02 -0800

Good Morning, All! I have a piano I am servicing that has a Dampp-Chaser
system with a "smart bar" on the humidifier.  The red pad light was on when
I came to tune the piano, so I changed the pads as per usual and the light
went out.  However, when I checked again after tuning the piano the light
had come back on.  I reached down into the humidifier and wet the pads in
the tank, thinking that the water hadn't wicked up enough to register on the
smart bar.  The light then went out.  When I got home yesterday afternoon
there was a call from the customer saying that the light was back on, and it
is still on this morning.  This is the first system with this smart bar that
I have installed, so I am at a loss to diagnose the problem.  I'll be going
back there this amfternoon to check, but wondered if anyone with experience
with this new system has some advice to steer me in the right direction.
Thanks, Patrick Poulson, RPT