A question of liability

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rshiflet@eaznet.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:46:26 -0700

    I've had disagreements with the customer before, but the easiest way is
to go to the customer and to try and work it out.  By discussing what their
concerns are, you can usually find a simple solution.
    Remember that 90% of all litiguous issues are settled out-of-court.
Neither side wants to go to court.  If you can sit and negotiate with the
customer, not only can you usually settle for a whole lot less, but also
keep peace with you and the customer.  I would never even consult with an
attorney before going to the customer and talking with them both to find out
how he/she feels.
    IF you go straight to an attornet, not only will you not be able to give
them all of the details but when your attorney contacts them to find out the
other side, your customer will probably panic and then likely hire an
attorney themselves.  Now you've lost a customer and a lot of reputation.
In the end, the 2 attorneys will settle on something that you and the
customer could have worked out yourselves... By calling a repairman and
having it fixed...Don't escalate the situation unnecessarily.

Ron