Interesting H.F.Miller Upright

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:57:14 -0200

Hi, Wally,

We modified the existing bridge curve to recap and smooth out the
weirdest sections of this HFM grand scale. It still was a great surprise
how nice it sounded.

Rescaling always can help, but these ones are a real stretch. For the
grand in question it was a plug-in-new-lengths-and-see-how-it-looks job,
using the few more normal parts of the scale as a guide. As I recall,
the treble had quite low tension (luckily all the fake nose-bolts were
in the tenor and bass!) which was increased a fair amount in the new
scale.

Clark