Piano Location

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:06:23 -0800

Matthew,
If the outside walls are insulated I forsee no problems.  I believe that
the no outside wall rule came from times when few homes had insulation
and the cold, moisture, and drafts could affect the back of the piano
directly.

Keep the piano out of drafts, sunlight, and away from radiant heat (the
fireplace).  My favorite spot for a vertical piano is across a corner so
that there is a triangle of space behind the piano.  I have had several
customers move their pianos to this position and were amazed at the
improvement in tone and volume.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott/Phoenix