Stretching before you tune 5 pianos

Ra Byn James Taylor btnaudio@flash.net
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:49:00 -0600

There is a book I got for my wife when she was pregnant called.......

"STRETCHING" by Bob Anderson to be found at  800.333.1307 or=20
www.shelterpub.com=20

another book called "STRETCHING at your computer or desk" might be =
useful to some of the list members.

I'll write Bob & see if he'll draw up a chart for piano tuners & =
technicians......
=20
I suggest that as soon as a muscle or group of muscles start to speak to =
you, stop & address them.
Continuing on for a while just means you take a chance on overstressing =
them. I'm sure there are piano tuners who have had to give up the =
profession because of repeat injury. =20

If you can feel a muscle hurting when you do a specific thing, pay =
attention to what motion you're doing when it hurts. Add a slight =
resistance to the motion & you should be streching it......

I hope this makes sense to someone else.......

ra byn james

=20