Expensive new tool

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:34:31 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 1:08 AM
  Subject: Re: Expensive new tool

  Brian,=20
      I saw this at ShopBot's own home page and thought it was pretty =
cool. I wonder, does such an animal exist that would follow the form of =
the underside of the plate and cut a pinblock blank to match?  Now THAT =
would be cool!=20
          Greg=20
  Brian Trout wrote:=20

    Hi List,=20
    I don't know if you might have already seen this, but in case you =
haven't,=20
    it seemed like a really neat tool to have around.  (If you can =
afford it,=20
    that is.)=20

    Go to:  =
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?&DID=3D6&sku=3D5207=20

    It's a neat idea, a sort of CNC Router at a (slightly) more =
affordable price=20
    than we're used to seeing.=20

    Hi Greg,

    If you're going to the National Convention, ask Shawn Hoar about his =
pinblock tracer.  It's a router set up in a jig that traces the =
underside of the plate wihile cutting the block.  Pretty cool.

    Doug Mahard