Making the Transition

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:29:49 -0500

A while back there was a thread on making the transition into piano
tuning, and I noticed there were several (fellow) trombonists.

Some of us never left it behind.  For me, today is one of those days
when I leave my piano tech hat at home and don my bone hat.

Today I will be in rehearsal (bass trombone) for a show tonight here in
Atlanta with Frank Sinatra Jr.  Yeah, I know . . . as someone said to
me, "Is HE still singing?" Somewhere deep in the recesses, I seem to
recall hearing horror stories from others of working with that entourage
- hope that was someone else.

So I'll be in non-piano mode today.  Sometimes a break is good.  I find
it interesting that I'll always re-arrange my tuning schedule to
accommodate my playing opportunities.  Anyone else do the same?  They
say you can't go home. . . or can you?

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA