Brass Rail Clips? On Lyon and Healy Upright?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:47:38 -0600

At 07:34 AM 6/21/2000 -0500, Paul wrote:

>Bill Spurlock substituted wood flange for the brass rail. I don't know if it
>was in the PTJ or I saw it at a convention. Check with him through Spurlock
>Specialty Tools. I don't know if he has an e-mail address.

I'm a week behind in my mail so I don't know if anyone else has responded
from Calgary yet, but...

Ted Sambell gave a fascinating slide presentation at Chapter 001's last
meeting at the Banff Centre about how he replaced the brass rail on a
Canadian upright with conventional parts.  I hope I'm not being too forward
in suggesting that anyone wishing to attempt this for the first time should
check with Ted as well as Mr. Spurlock.

                         John
John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom