quick quiz...

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:04:04 PDT

Hi list-ees,

Tuned a new Kohl & Campell SKG 500 the other day...no problems; just one
sticky jack. Anyway, it sounded fine and the action was smooth with nice
even touch. Then, a day later the customer calls me and states that now,
many/most of the keys make a "clicking" sound. (during keystroke, NOT upon
release.) I asked him to remove the fall board and see if anyone dropped a
pen, paper clip, etc in there, or if he could see any object lying on the
strings..etc. Nothing. He then held the phone up to the piano and played
several of the areas where he says the clicking is emanating, and I could
hear no such sound. Any ideas of what this could be? It's quite a long drive
out there, and in the meantime I'm waiting for authorization from my store
to make another "house call", so if anyone can figure this one out, I'd love
to hear what you think, so I might have a better idea as what to look for
when I get there.

Also, I tried to insert a new rubber bumper into the hole on the lid of this
Grand,(one was missing) and it's like trying to get the "cork" back into the
Champagne bottle! How are those little bugger's inserted? Thanks!!!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG