Smoke Damage

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:39:53 -0400

Terry Farrell asks

>I am not familiar with ozone. In what form is it?

O3 as opposed to O2 (oxygen)

>Are there different types?

Upper atmosphere or "ground level". Ozone is activated oxygen.

>How much did you use?

Up to .05 parts per million is nature's maximum although you can generate much more. Too much has never killed anyone but can irritate the eyes and nose. Too much smells awful, too!

>Did it actually remove smoke odor from action parts and felt?

Actually! But you still have to clean.

>How is the ozone released (one blast, or constant stream - need regulators, etc.?)?

Constantly. Ozone will dissipate in about 30 minutes. When the atom splits off to attack the culprit (smoke) you have breathable oxygen.

>Is there anywhere else to get info on smoke odor removal?

Do a search for "Smoke" "Odor Removal", "Ozone" or any other imaginable.

>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com