Brimsmeade serial number

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:14:38 -0400

Tony Caught wrote:

> Hi Patrick
>
> Before saying two much, is it a Brinsmead as it has been suggested.

Yes! N not M; I should have turned the page in my Pierce Atlas! Circa 1892 or
so.

> Also
> what color is the iron frame. ?

Duh -- I forget -- but I live just a couple miles from the guy's house, so I
can check next week when he gets home from vacation.

> The Brinsmead is better than your average bear, but better details are
> required to be give an opinion.

Good to know that. What other details would you like to hear? John L asked
about the capstans -- yes, they are rockers, but they seem pretty time
consuming to adjust, compared to some versions I've encountered.
What are your thoughts on what Brinsmead's pitch standards were, and how much
of a pitch raise would you consider rational for one that's perhaps 150 cents
flat of A440?
Do Aussies use CA on these pinblocks, or just tune them every month?

Thanks to all for your responses,
Patrick Draine