Scratched Soundboard Surface

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:41:28 -0400

Carelessness resulted in my scratching a ten year old grand soundboard while cleaning. I was using the long Spurlock gadget on a cloth because the gadget's felt covering had fallen off. The thing slipped off the cloth.

Scratches are mostly under the bass/tenor crossover strings.

What (if any) and how (if possible) can be applied between the strings to eliminate the white wood show. (The lady wasn't home so I do have a little time to prepare for this when it is discovered.)

I don't think I can get away with saying "It's earthquake damage" in these parts.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario, Canada