String coupling.

Derek Gibson derekg@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:54:25 -0600

Hello Ron,

I am that other tech that Roger was working with this past weekend.  We were
tuning and voicing a piano that was being used for the provincial music
finals.  It was touched up several times a day over a several day period, so
it was very stable.  The result that Roger described was also found in the top
octave.   There was always a small pitch drop, and at no time was there a rise
in pitch.  No results were observed below the killer octave, as most of the
touch-ups were concentrated on the top half of the piano.  Since the drop is
consistent, there is no concerns regarding octave tuning et al.  Quite curious
to what causes this,

Derek