impedance and empericism

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:46:24 -0500

>Ric rites back
>Yeah,  but you forgot to say how it can be measured. If impedance is to be
>defined at a useful level it should come from it measurements. The point of
>emperical science is that prediction is the same as measurement.  Or the
>measured result should be the same as predicted by the formula---which is
>constructed from the measured results.   This  is what the inharmonicity
>formula appears to be, a formula based on measurements.   However it doesn't
>appear to predict so good, since other variables are now being claimed to
>influence Ih.

I didn't forget, I just don't have a means of doing so that puts a number
on it. Del explained how it's done. For my part, I have to rely on what I
can hear. Being able to generate the numbers and correlate them to
measurements would certainly be handy, but it's beyond my present capabilities.

>Ric rote earlier
>> >So a perfect problem for the "emperical" (measuring) scientists would be,
>> >"does humidity affect frequency of tones, or any part of the frequency of
>> >tones?"
>> >---ric
>
>ron responded
>> Yes, I believe that's the point.
>>
>> Ron N
>
>ric asks......
>Ok how do they measure that, and what measurements do they come up with?
>---ric

"They" are the people on this List with ETDs that reported the observations
and posted the numbers. Perhaps they'll do so again.

Ron N