Ghosts of impedance past, and yet to come

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:37:42 +0200

Hi Ron.. I also have noticed this. Ever since we got into that string
coupling discussion a while ago I have been watching what RCT and Tunelab
show. I can only say that my own observations are identical to the ones you
describe below. Even to the point of likeing the sound of the notes that
rised in pitch a bit when the second and third strings are coupled. I have
also found occassionally that when a second string is coupled the pitch may
rise or it may fall a bit, but when the third string is coupled in it goes
the other direction.

Also thinking perhaps I was just a bit off on one side or the other pitch
wise with the second or third string, I would double check what RCT /
Tunelab had to say about each individual string. Couldnt find any "mistake"
on my part to account for it. I aggree that sometimes they almost seem to
be steerable.

Kinda shoots the tomatoes out of the present "string coupling " theory tho
dont it ??

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.