Maximum tension

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:00:41 -0500

> Is the partials mismatch in plain wire octaves, or across the break
between
> plain and wound?

Its not so bad in the plain strings, I would say acceptable. (I can see why
piano makers would be interested to see the modern electronic measuring
devices and programs analyze their instrument.)  However with wound tuned to
plain and wound tuned to wound, the problems are there.
    I do think I would like to run the tension up on the  last octave plain,
(break is at B2) perphaps B2--F3.  This is the one (Conover Cable, 5'8") I
did with an Atari 800.  as an "equal  tension" experiment.   So it is due
time to measure again and input into a modern spread sheet.  Also I could do
the bass tensions, and also use the Ih formulas.  ---ric