YES!! YOU CAN GET PARTS TO MATCH THAT ACTION!!!

Tony Court Tony_The_Tuner@nationwideisp.net
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:56:17 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Trout <btrout@desupernet.net>
To: Tony Court <Tony_The_Tuner@nationwideisp.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: YES!! YOU CAN GET PARTS TO MATCH THAT ACTION!!!

> Hi Tony,
>
> I can appreciate your not wanting to get into specifics if there are
people
> who "really want to know".  No problem.
>
> Actually, I didn't think your prices were terribly out of line.
>
> I never did get to the point where I would say that I was doing things to
> .004" tolerance though.  That's pretty tight.
>
> I'm just curious.  Are you able to duplicate things like the 'birds eye'
on
> the jack?   Do you also get into bending of springs if you have to make
> something such as a wippen assembly and need a repetition spring?
>

> If you do get a chance, and have more pictures you'd like to send along,
>
> I will definitely keep your name and e-mail for future reference.  One
never
> knows when they'll need something that they just can't find in a catalog.
>
> Your from the UK.  That's great.  What part are you in?  I'm in the US
>
> And thanks for writing back.  It was good to hear from you.
>
> Perhaps we shall meet in person someday.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, PA
> btrout@desupernet.net
>
> Dear Brian,
I'm enjoying this! And the list in general!
Yes, it has been a trifle difficult regarding people "who really want to
know".
On one hand I want to tell people, on the other, they  have to order from me
currently, because as far as I can tell, there is no-one but me making parts
to pattern . This includes the chair people of the Piano Tuner's
Association, i.e U.K P.T.G for whom I have completed several orders!
Generally it seems a popular service in U.K!
I know, four thousandths of an inch is about four very thin ciggarette
papers thick, and I don't use those for rolling my ciggarettes!
Yes, I can duplicate things like the "birdseye" on jacks because I make my
own cutters to the pattern of the part supplied.
Yes, I do bend springs to pattern for all sorts of parts including whippens,
and ususally with the correct wire guage too!
I would be glad to send some pictures, although the file size is a bit big
so you may have to wait a bit for them to download!
And so, to the light bit!
You can find me on  http://www.uk-piano.org/ under parts.
I am in Hitchin in Hertfordshire, about 20 miles north of  London, it's a
town, but only just! Countryside is all around within about 1 U.K. mile.
Gently rolling hills............. That sort of thing!
As for getting to the convention in U.S. I have only once made the
convention here! Probably cost me the same for the machines I bought to get
me into the good ol' U.S. of A............................. Still, I'm
saving!
Happy Days!
regards and best wishes,
Tony