Maximum tension

Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:56:26 -0500

Paul,
At 08:19 06/09/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron
>Excuse my brain fog, but what is string rendering?
>
>Paul Chick

You've seen rendering trucks, haven't you?  ;-}

My little paperback dictionery says for "rend":
- to remove by violence:wrest    [from the wrestplank?]
- to tear forcibly apart : SPLIT , CLEAVE,  RIP

most likely, however, the meaning desired is the following  for "render":

2: 	DELIVER : GIVE : also YIELD

In this case, string rendering would be the (static) friction yielding to
the movement of the string caused by changes in tension whilst tuning.

See you next week.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
-A rose by any other name would still attract aphids.