torque wrenches

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 14:29:16 -0600

Hi,

I too have come across brand new webers with what feels like spongey low
torque pins. In both cases I recommended a full dc system, and in one case
after only one month there was significant improvement in *feel*. I
unfortunately didn't document the torque readings. Fear on my part? *grin*

At 06:32 AM 06/08/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>Then on the other hand yesterday I  tuned a new Weber grand with a torque of
>about 20 lbs. or less.   O:(    I can just imagine how  long into it's 12
>year warrenty this instrument this piano will hold pitch.
>
>List,
>To measure foot lbs can one use the tuning lever and a fish weighing scale
>attached to the handle at one foot from the tip?
>Joe Goss

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/