ETD Question

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:57:27 -0500

on 6/8/00 7:02 AM, Richard Brekne at Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no wrote:

> Kawaii grand GS-70 # 1647934... rather harsh sounding really,, Cyber Ear
> gets like totally confused with this thing. For the first.. It wont read A5
> at all. Just get this message saying "that note was not in the normal range
> for a piano...etc". Secondly the curve it generates for this piano (no
> matter how many different samples of A's I give it) always ends up with G1
> and G#1 being like waaaayyyyyy sharp, unbelievably sharp really. Thirdly
> the curve in the treble tappers off quickly to being way to flat.
>
> I have tried several different tuning partials.. and just about every thing
> I can think of but the same kinda thing happens every time. Anyone have any
> ideas as to what can be the cause of this ??

The A5 problem you are describing is addressed in the most recent version of
RCT which is RCT 3.0.7f2+.

The sharpness in the top notes of the bottom octave also sounds like a
problem that was addressed a few updates back. You don't say which partial
you are using that is producing a sharp G1 and G#1; I would be probably be
using the 7th partial on a GS-70.

Kent Swafford