tracing a piano's owners

Kwkeys@AOL.COM Kwkeys@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:46:46 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/00 11:18:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dgarman@granbury.com writes:
Doug,
Baldwin records for that period of time were kept in leather journals that
list the production date, case and model number, and the dealer to whom the
piano was shipped. There is no record of the customer purchase - that
information was retained at the dealer level. When I left Baldwin, these
journals were in semi-permanent storage and were not easily accessible so it
may be difficult to have the office personnel do any research for you. It
would take a lot of digging to find a record for a specific piano.

Kent Webb

<< I am rebuilding a Baldwin D (1925).  Is there any way to find out who the
first owner was.  Did Baldwin keep sales records.  If so, where might they be
now?  The piano has been in one family since some time in 1925 or 1926, but a
family member says it is not clear whether or not her grandmother purchased
the piano from a dealer.  I'm just curious as to what dealer sold the piano
and to whom.

 Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

 Doug Garman >>