Bending rims...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 04 Jun 2000 11:01:56 -0500

>> Patrick since you are the second person to say that there are in fact rim
>>  "presses" at S&S I'll have to believe the method of rim bending has
>>  changed....Just a question though.........If there are "rim presses" used
>>  ....what are the "lots of clamps" used for? :-)
>>  Jim Bryant (FL)
>>

>I think the clamps are used to get the rim close to piano shape before
>fitting the press?
>
>David Koelzer

Alright you guys, It's a clamp and caul system, but it's still a press. A
press is defined as "any device used to apply pressure". It doesn't have to
be a giant hydraulic plate that powers down and crushes whatever is in it's
way. Even if the clamping pressure was supplied with wedges, go-bars, piles
of bricks, or a vacuum bag, it would still be a press.

Ron N