help please...

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 07:52:04 -0800

Hi Terry,
I believe that the string is glued into the slot.
There was a piano that needed this repair that used a flange much larger
than todays available sizes ( Yamaha ) so I made a jig to hold the flanges
so that they could be restrung.
This process may have been writen up in the journal or in the archives.
The string that was used in my repair was 100 pound test fishing line
"Spider Line" verry thin and verry strong. Should outlast the piano<G>
My Jig was simple, just a piece of 2 by 4 and finish nails. One nail to go
through the flange screw whole one to hold the flange from moving and one to
locate the length of the string.
Clean out old glue and glue in new string<G>
The only reason for making this repair is when the correct size of flange is
not available
Joe Goss
----- ..