SAT procedures

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:52:34 -0500

Um, I know I am not a greater SAT user than many, but it is likely =
related to people like me that simply have not memorized ALL the SAT =
keystrokes. I ofter turn my SAT off right before checking calibration or =
switching from pitch raise mode to regular tuning, etc. But this is only =
because I do not carry my manual with (and certainly do not wish to take =
it out in front of a client ;-)) me and I simply forget, or am not =
completely sure which keystrokes reset the machine or turn off various =
functions or modes. I know if I turn the unit off, I am back to start!  =
Hmmm, maybe I'll get my SAT manual out next time I feel a little =
insomnia coming on!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 8:07 AM
  Subject: SAT procedures

  Dear Greater Experts on SATs Than I:
  Sometimes I see it recommended that one turn one's SAT off & on when =
going through various FAC procedures. Why? It's not necessary to turn it =
on & off to recalibrate the machine.
  Someone also recently suggested tapping the TUNE button twice to go =
into TUNE mode from an FAC generated tuning page. Why twice? Once seems =
to work just fine for me.

  What's the scoop?

  An SAT user of many years,

  Patrick Draine=20