Steinway value?

Richard Anderson tknostf@foxvalley.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:03:09 -0600

The problem in the Chicago area is that the butcher jobs don't go cheap.
They'll sell for 90% of, or the same as a well restored or original piano.
We have some particularly creative rebuilders in Chicago and redoing their
previous rebuilds take significantly more time than a job on a unrestored
piano. I've started charging extra for rework (25-50%) because it's often
not a matter of just using better parts or more careful work this time
around, but some serious undoing before redoing.

Richard Anderson