Steinway value?

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:02:32 EST

In a message dated 01/29/2000 10:40:22 PM Central Standard Time,
rrg@nevada.edu writes:

<< Owen J Greyling, RPT" wrote:

 > List, (especially Canadian's)
 >
 > Steinway L,  circa 1904

 <snip>

 > Would anybody who has significant experience with this type of piano,
hazard
 > an "as is" appraisal value ?  ...Not pie in the sky, but what a good
 > rebuilding shop would be normally willing to part with to aquire this sort
 > of 'used-to-be-musical instrument.'

 $3K to $5K U.S. in "as is" unrestored condition.  Fully restored and ready to
 go, $23K to $26K.

 Rob Goodale, RPT
 Las Vegas, NV

I would sure like to know where I can find rebuildable Steinways for $3K to
$5K!  I have not seen one under $7K for 5 years. I would take as many as I
could find.
Dave Koelzer