Pitch raise time...JimC

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:54:31 -0500

Hey Jim,

You wrote:
> By the strangest coincidence, I just discovered that I need to go out
> and buy another VCR recorder (not the cheap kind) in order to continue
> my small little business.
>
> Jim Coleman, Sr.

Are you sure you need a new one?  I mean, can't the old one be fixed?  I
don't know if you're knowledgeable about the insides of VCRs, but when it's
all boiled down to it's basic elements, they're not exactly rocket science.
Surely, there's a good VCR tech in your area.?  At least I would hope so.

I do realize that much of the electronics world is becoming throw-away.  I
used to do some VCR repairs, as well as some basic electronic repairs.  Most
of the problems I encountered were actually mechanical problems such as
rubber wheels wearing out, or belts breaking, or perhaps some basic
electronic components giving up, such as reel sensors, or poor solder
joints.

Best of luck, whatever you end up doing.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net