glue gurus out there?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:06:11 -0600

Hi John,
           Surgeon General's warning, CA Glue is very addictive to most
piano techs, can cause a drop in income due to speed of repairs.
 Once hooked, piano techs will carry 3 grades accompanied by accelerator,
white glue, (substitute accelerator, and anti wicking for leather products )
 As a pin tightener on vertical pianos the instrument should be tipped on a
cradle.  With grands the action should be removed or a folded news paper
placed between the action stack and the underside of the pin block.
Regards Roger.

At 11:41 AM 29/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>I appreciate that. Thanks very much. I've used a drop or three to adhere
ivory (thanks to Ernie Juhn) but never knew it was called CA and never knew
of the different formulas. I just can't picture it running along a tuning
pin on an upright and into the block to tighten a pin.

>John Lillico, RPT
>Oakville, Ontario
>
>>Hi John,
>>
>>Commonly known as crazy glue--there is a formulation for wood. It is a very
>>handy adhesive
>>
>>At 09:32 PM 01/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Yeah.  I love CA, it does so much more than other glues before it
>>>could ever do.
>>>
>>>                Newton
>>>
>>>What is this CA?    I'm serious !!!!
>>>
>>>John Lillico, RPT,
>>>Oakville, Ontario, Canada
>>>

>>Regards,
>>Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T.
>>
>>Tuner for the Saskatchewan Centre of the Arts
>>
>>drose@dlcwest.com
>>http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/
>>
>>3004 Grant Rd.
>>REGINA, SK