key width

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:05:49 -0600

I remember at a PTG chapter meeting some thirty someting years ago measuring
the width of key boards at the dealership we were meeting at. The Japanese
key boards were 1/4" different from the American key boards. I remember we
were all suprised but do not remember why we did it. Our conclusion was that
it probably had some thing to do with the designers wanting convenient
numbers and the difference between metric and american measurements.

John Dewey