brass fallboard decal (update)

Owen J Greyling, RPT greyco@kingston.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:08:36 -0500

List,

Last century I asked for a little advice on refinishing a fallboard with a
brass decal.  I did exactly as I was told, building up the colour (Canadian
sp) coat , wet sanding each time until the brass of the decal shone through.
Once the colour was solid and the decal showed through, I topcoated with
three coats of clear, waited a week, and then rubbed out the finish. The
result was perfect, the customer is thrilled, and so is my bank account...

My most sincere thanks go out to Delwin F. and to Don M. for the freely
given advise.

Thank you

Owen.