Empty Key lead holes

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:03:02 +0100

Dear Pianotech listers,

Although a bit late, I would like to react to this subject about empty key
lead holes :
If and when I work on an instrument which has holes in the keys from former
technicians, I personally find it necessary to plug them with key wood.

First of all, it leaves behind a nicer and cleaner feeling, secondly, more
empty holes in one key might easily influence the former balance of levers
and weights, and lastly, it gives us the opportunity to place a new and/or
different key lead in the place of the former empty space.

I think it looks better, it is more professional and it also leaves behind a
better impression with the customer.

my opinion (;>)

Antares