Unusal soundboard ribs

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:57:56 +0100

I have seen this in an old birdcage piano that was made in Oslo around the turn
of the last century.  At that time Oslo was called Christiania. I am in the
process of redoing the scale on this oldie.. just to see what it sounds like..
the bass strings are like really horrible so it may turn out to be interesting.
The board has plenty of crown, and its of course stiff as can be. String bearing
angle on this oldie is a bit slight, but I suppose that has to do with its age
more then anything else.

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.