What we charge? (Shuush!)

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:34:59 EST

Interesting thread.

Somebody asked what people charge for a tuning , and the only people who
respond with a dollar figure were two Canadians, a guy in New Zealand, and
somebody in Austria. I am sure this will be very useful to the person posing
the question if he ever tunes in Canada, Austria, or New Zealand.

HOLD ON!  ---I just re-read the responses and saw that Brian Trout actually
did answer the question of what he charges. Congratulations  to this fellow,
who actually has some guts, and to anyone else who answered the question with
a dollar figure.

Seems like Big Brother has got the Americans cowed. (To their credit, they
did turn the thread discussion to one of the unfairness of sales tax and to
how much plumbers charge. )

Bill Simon
Phoenix.

P.S. - I do not have a set fee.  It starts at $55.00 and varies with distance
to piano, type of piano, when last tuned, on a week-end or not,
inconvenience, if it is in a church, etc. Not much of a conspiracy there, Big
Brother.