key width

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:32:20 -0500

Hi Wim-

I have run across this two times - in both cases it was very accomplished
pianists practicing for a performance on a piano with a different "octave
spread" than their daily piano.  Amazingly, they both wondered if there
was anything I could do about it!  I tried "abracadabra", but that didn't
work.

I must admit at being very surprised to find the differences can be quite
"tangible"...

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com