What we charge?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:41:58 EST

gharvey@netsource.co.nz writes:

<< To answer you second point, yes I am making a comfortable living, not quite
 able to take round the world trips each year, but I can live with that.
 With regard to rates charged, some one once told me that our rates should be
 such that we get about 70% of the work we quote, ie if we get it all we are
 possibly too cheap, and if we get very little then we're too expensive.
 I rarely get people comment about my prices, either too high or too
 reasonable.

 Regards
 Graeme Harvey >>

That 70% thing is a neat calculation. I had never heard of it. I'll have to
keep that in mind. The comment I get most often is "That didn't take long."
I don't know if they are implying that they are happy I got done so soon, or
that I charged too much for such a short visit.

Wim