What we charge?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:57:59 PST

>  Sometimes I think
> >we
> >ought to wear big red noses, honk horns, and hand out animal balloons
> >too.
> >Come to think of it, maybe we already do.
>
>This, in lieu of adequate payment, of course.  Or, perhaps we are paid.
>Someone said the measure of a person isn't found in the "stuff" s/he's
>got (poor paraphrase, of course)

   On a scale of 1 to 10, today rated a 10+.  Jeff and I worked on action
and tuned (in a historical temperament) my customer's new Kawai RX-2.  She
is thrilled beyond belief; I, for my part, have never heard someone play so
softly and still get a beautiful piano tone.  She played Debussy's Clair de
Lune and it was almost like a whisper near the end. I was astonished that
there was still sound present...It sent shivers up Jeff's neck.

   Then she went on to play Chopin's Nocturne 19, then Moonlight Sonata,
then a piece (name?) by Rachmaninoff about a puppet...  We had worked
several hours lightening up the action and her joy about that, the
temperament and the piano itself made everything we are trying to do
worthwhile.

   We will get paid, but even more, _where else can you receive this kind of
pay?_

    diane