What we charge?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:26:41 EST

In a message dated 1/27/00 3:04:25 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ulrich@rangenet.com
writes:

<< Worst case scenario some goofy customer pursues the notion of "price
 fixing", they would have to _prove_ such a thing. I don't know of an
 attorney who would bother to return the phone call for the little bit of
 money at stake. (The last I saw, the most one could collect is treble
 damages - $60 tuning times 3 = $180; that's not even 2 hours for a low end
 attorney.)

 Roy Ulrich

When it comes to price fixing, it is not a civil suit we are talking about.
This comes under the heading of violating a federal law. And when it comes to
that, the government doesn't look at how much it costs. They just look at as
a wrong which needs to be prosecuted. And they'll spend millions of dollars,
and countless hours, just to prove they were right.

Wim