ringing dampers

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:22:17 -0600

Hi Cameron,
                    I have had this happen to two grands of this
manufacturer, bad news I'm afraid.
Pin plating was the problem, the problem progressively gets worse. As the
friction and binding increases, it gets harder for the under lever to pull
the damper down on to the string, Protec will work for a short time, but
the real solution is to remove the under lever tray, ream the bushings, and
repin.
These centre pins may be the source of some of your other problems. Poor
repitition,heavy touch, inconsistent hammer line, and so the list goes on.
Regards Roger