Precision Strobe Tuner

Billpa440@AOL.COM Billpa440@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:32:19 EST

Hi, Richard
I am not familiar with the Precision Strobe.  It sounds like you are shopping
and getting information.  I would encourage you to check out the Peterson
Strobe. Web site www.PetersonTuners.com. On their page is an article about
"Why to Use a "Real" Strobe Tuner.  On it you will find that the LED system
is not as accurate as the "real" strobe image.  In this discussion someone
asked if the Strobe was any better at reading frequency of the string.  It is
my understanding that it is hard for a computer to generate such an image as
the strobe pattern.  the LED lights have to have a on or off type of switch
as outlined in the above mention article.  My belief is the tradition Strobe
image is the most accurate.  Two tuning fork manufactures use the Peterson to
set their tuning forks. I hope this helps and doesn't sound like a
commercial.  Bill Prindle