What we charge?

Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:52:51 -0500

Hi Brian -

This won't cheer you up any, but MAY GIVE YOU CAUSE TO GRIN A BIT.  After
much digging thru the rule book, and calling all 5 of the central Ohio
branch offices for their own interpretations (which tended to differ, of
course) it was finally decided that if I wrote out the bill to indicate
that x amount was for the tuning and y amount was for the "trip charge",
I would not have to charge sales tax on the y amount.  I've been doing it
that way the past 4 years.  At least I'm circumventing a little of the
tax, and saving my customers a little money.  More importantly, it was a
victory, however small....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com